Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Read the Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe

This one seems easily do-able; I already own them. Remember when Border's used to sell huge tomes for $4.99 a pop? Well, if I horde one thing, it's books, and those deals were too good to pass up. The only problem was I never got around to reading them all.

Anyway, I have a Facebook friend who has committed to reading one chapter of the Bible each day. In fact, several friends have undertaken this feat. As weird as I sometimes feel having in this Judeo-Christian society having never actually read the Bible (aside from occasionally being a lector at Mass (yeah, I'm very familiar with "reading from the book of the Prophet Isaiah")), it just doesn't appeal. I decided that since October is coming up, reading something Halloween-y would be an appropriate plan.

I can become more well-read and take a book off the unread pile. Killing two ravens with one stone?

No comments:

Post a Comment